Wednesday 11 August 2010

CHILDREN OF AVALON'S RING - HELP!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE?

CHILDREN OF AVALON'S RING

Does anyone remember this ITV Kids Drama from 1972?

In a decrepit 2nd hand bookshop in Worthing, I found this battered old paperback novelisation of this show 'CHILDREN OF AVALON'S RING' which apparently aired over six weeks in the summer of '72 but I have no memory of at all. Here's the blurb from the back of the book. I'll post a photo of the book as soon as I find someone to scan it in for me. I'm also transcribing the first chapter to see if anyone remembers the thing. Did it even go on telly?

BLURB
CHILDREN OF AVALON’S RING

A novelisation of a Thames TV serial by MARC FAIRWEATHER

When NICHOLAS HONEY’s boarding school is closed down after an economic crash, the young boy is forced to take a long trek across a blighted United Kingdom to find his parents.
With petrol rationed and the country in ruins, Nicholas finds only peril in a desolate, abandoned London.

Rescued by the charismatic bard ROBIN and his girlfriend STACEY, Nicholas travels by barge to the stone circle of Avalon in the West Country. Here Nicholas learns he must take the final stand against the collapse of society and an unlikely villain – KING ARTHUR himself.

THE CHILDREN OF AVALON’S RING

First transmitted April 7th 1972

PRODUCTION CREDITS

Written by Marc Fairweather

Directed by Christopher Drinkwater

Produced by Susan Price

For Thames Television

CAST

NICHOLAS HONEY – Steven Caton-Morris
PEREGRINE LAVENDER – Freddie Jones
MICKEY – Mike Full
ROBIN – Christopher Ralph
GARFIELD – Roger Pelham
STACEY – Connie Dornfield

That's all I've got. I'll post Chapter One when I've transcribed it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment